Retro video games allow us to connect to the past. Owning an old console will enable you to recreate those days gone by. But, due to normal wear and tear, you may need retro video game repair Las Vegas services. There are some simple steps you can take to revive the old console. For others, it is best to let the experts handle it.
Let’s dive into it.
Retro Video Games Cartridge Repair
The older the video game, the more likely it is that the cartridge will start to fail. The game may refuse to boot, or the graphics will not turn out clear. The repair may only require you to clean the contact traces. They may have collected dirt or started to rust. You can use products like alcohol or even an eraser to get rid of some of the build-ups.
Nes Repair in Simple Steps
You put on your Nintendo, and all you get is a blinking screen. The issue could be a bad electrical connection between the console and the game cartridge. Corrosion and dirt could also play a role.
Retro video game repair isn’t alwaysWhether you’re undertaking SNES repair or Nes repair, it pays to be careful. That is why we would recommend that if DIYs are not your strong point, let the experts handle it. Otherwise, you can follow the steps below:
- Start by removing the bottom screws.
- Next, take out the screws to unfasten the RF shield.
- Detach the motherboard, but be careful not to interfere with the connectors
- Disconnect the connectors for the switch Assembly and controllers
- Now remove the 72 pin cartridge connector.
- Clean the contacts to remove dirt or rust using a scrubbing pad
- Buy a cleaning rinse for your NES or SNES repair, which will remove any residues.
- Let it dry
- Reconnect the new 72 pin cartridge connector and reassemble the other parts in the order that you had removed them.
Troubleshooting Your Sega Genesis
Before undertaking any Retro Video Game Repair such as Genesis repair, you need to know what could be contributing to the problem.
- If you get no picture or a black screen, ensure that you have correctly placed it in the console. You may also need to clean the game port using a cotton swab or condensed air.
- If the game does not turn on, check that you have plugged in the AC adaptor cord. Your genesis repair may also require you to change any torn or frayed chords.
- For static screens, check the cables for frays and ensure the RF cable is probably plugged into the console and television.
- If your controller is not working, you may need to change the one you are using. It may also be that you have not plugged it into the console properly.
Final Thoughts Retro Video Game Repair Las Vegas can be simple if you know what to look for. We have looked at Nes repair, Snes repair, and genesis repair above. Before going to the repair shop, try troubleshooting steps such as plugging in the video game into the console and power source properly. You should also clean it to remove any dirt or rust. Now go ahead and enjoy everything your retro video game has to offer.